Frequently Asked Questions
To ease you into the workouts, all new members start with our Foundations Program where we will teach you the fundamentals over 3 sessions in a one-on-one private setting. Our aim with these sessions are to prepare you to join our group classes and ensure you can perform the basic gymnastic and weightlifting skills safely and with confidence.
You can schedule your No-Sweat Intro here.
- Athletic Clothing – We run, jump, squat, lunge, and much more. Be sure to wear comfortable clothing so you are able to do these movements without being restricted by your clothing.
- Good Shoes – We recommend a flat, hard-sole athletic shoe so that you can bring your “A” game.
- Water – Regardless of your ability, hydration is a key part in your recovery and health! We have a water cooler to fill up your bottles, so make sure to pack one with you.
I have done CrossFit before, including an introduction program - How do I get started at CrossFit Westmount?
You can schedule your No-Sweat Intro here.
After your No-Sweat intro, your first group class will cost $20+tax. If you purchase a membership within 7 days of your first drop in, the cost of the drop in will be credited towards the membership price.
Simply schedule your drop in via our Contact Form or give us a call. We will let you know which spots are open so you do not have to roll the dice and have to wait until the next available class.
The cost for a drop-in is 20$+tax. If you purchase a membership within 7 days of your first drop in, the cost of the drop in will be credited towards the membership price.
To get started, please book your No-Sweat Intro here at a time that is convenient for you.
After your No-Sweat Intro, we will match you up with a coach based on your fitness goals.
When you are ready to begin, simply let your coaches know prior to class what is bothering you and they will scale the workouts to accommodate your injuries or mobility restrictions.
Since mobility, flexibility and injury prevention are such a priority at CrossFit Westmount, we offer CrossFit Mobility classes, Yoga and an Athletic Therapy service to our members. Learn more about our classes and services here.
Whether your goal was covered above or you are simply bored with your current fitness routine, CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program designed to improve the 10 physical skills that pertain to fitness: Accuracy, Agility, Balance, Cardio-Respiratory Endurance, Coordination, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Stamina & Strength.
It is a fitness program that is:
- Fun – because you do it with a great group of athletes.
- Challenging – because you are getting constantly varied workouts with a variety of bodyweight & weightlifting movements as well as cardio methodologies.
- Effective – because you will do it at a high intensity.
What does this mean to you? Our core values translate into the services we offer by providing you with:
- Semi-Private coaching – with a maximum of 10 people per class, the coach can watch everyone’s form up close and provide cues to emphasize proper movement mechanics and technique.
- Quality Programming – We program for our members based on what they collectively need to improve on. There is no “one size, fits all approach” when it comes to programming, so it helps that we are directly involved with our athletes and understand what the primary training focuses need to be.
- Community – this is a big one. At CrossFit Westmount, we build meaningful relationships with our members and know everyone by name – we care about your goals and want to help you achieve them. With like minded individuals in class, you will keep your motivation up and feel accountable to the awesome people you train with everyday. A cool side effect is you will train at a higher intensity than normal and see better results. Check out our Facebook page here and see what the CrossFit Westmount community is all about.
I am currently a member at another affiliate and in town visiting. Can I get in a few workouts with CrossFit Westmount?
Contact us to setup your first session and arrive 15 minutes early so we can get you setup for class (quick tour, waiver).
We accept most major Credit Cards (Visa, Mastercard) and cash.