Getting right into it, effective immediately the gym will be closed until further notice. In addition, all of our events will be postponed. Given the current situation of the COVID-19 Outbreak, we can no longer offer a safe physical location for you to train at.
Here is the good news:
First: If you are reading this you have most likely done everything you can to boost your health & fitness by sticking to a fitness program. You are strong, fit & healthy people.
Second: We have been communicating with a huge number of gym owners and we have learned from them so we can help you. Please read on.
We will continue to provide Online Personal Training as follows:
- We will provide you with your very own workouts (up to 5 per week) delivered through our App;
- We will provide you with flexibility options;
- We will provide you with virtual accountability check ins with our coaches (via our app or Skype / Zoom); and
- Send you a nutrition handbook so we can take this time to dial in solid nutrition habits.
- Our members have already received an intake survey link. If you are a current member and reading this & have not received anything, contact us and we will send it your way!
- If you are not a current member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “ONLINE PT” and we will let you know how you can get started.
- Make a space in your home that you can work out with “CrossFit Westmount Online”. It should be about 8 feet by 8 feet.
- If you still can, go out and buy a kettle bell or a set of dumbbells. Select a weight that you would normally use in a conditioning workout (25 / 35 / 55 lb. kettlebells are common, as are 20 / 40- lb. dumbbells). This will be your primary piece of at-home fitness equipment. Don’t worry: You can stay very fit with just one kettlebell or dumbbell.
- If you cannot buy these and / or do not have them – no worries. As mentioned, we will customize the workouts to what you have around the house.
- Make sure you have a phone or computer with an internet connection.
We just want you to know that you will be taken care of. We’ll be offering the same enthusiasm, programming and energy over the Internet. You’re a person who works out. And we’re going to make sure that continues.
You won’t get a physical fist bump after a great workout, but our emoji game is very, very strong.
That said, we will continue to keep the lines of communication open. Please call 438-886-3217 if you have any questions.
Yours in Fitness,
The CrossFit Westmount Team